Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Discipline->Painful->Fruitful

We've been traveling and I'm beginning to feel the complete truth in this verse. 

For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. -Hebrews 12:11

I'm using discipline here as in eating well and continuing to carve out time for my weekly exercise goals.  I'm not gonna lie, this is most likely the first vacation ever where I've been disciplined in continuing to exercise and eat fairly well.  I'm a big proponent of working hard to vacation hard. 

Although that has all changed. Of course I have good reason.  I hate to make excuses but when I'm pregnant it seems as if I even look at a carb it goes straight to my hips and if I skip a workout the next workout is a nightmare.  My body wants to de-train so badly when pregnant that keeping the normal routine is no longer an option but mandatory.  But I know my efforts will pay off-they will be fruitful and I will be thankful I did it because I know I will completely regret my lack of effort if I don't.  That's what keeps me going some days.

1 comment:

kristine said...

good for you! i'm going to send you a couple articles i recently read and thought of you. i just need to get stamps :)
also, i want you to know that i have made a goal for myself of walk/running 10 miles/week. if you can do it pregnant, i can do it (not pregnant!) and today i could finally run around the entire lake w/o stopping. it's just under three miles which is totally pathetic. BUT i've already hit the first milestone of being able to RUN the whole way! my goal is three laps a week. I CAN DO IT!! (AND YOU CAN TOO!)