Monday, August 2, 2010

Motivation Monday: Listen to Yourself

What are you saying out loud to others?  What are you saying internally to yourself?  Take a day or two or maybe even a week and really catch what you're telling others and what you're telling yourself.  Are you being extremely negative?  Would you want to be around you if you weren't you?  What do you think other's would change about you if they could? 

I'll be honest, I spend a large amount of my life listening to others.  I listen to their goals, what they would like to see and where they would like to go in this journey through life.  But I also hear the reasons why they weren't able to reach their goals, how something stopped them or something happened or something didn't go right.  The list goes on and on. 

It's not a complain just an observation that most often I hear reasons why something didn't happen or how life isn't going quite how it was planned.  Be aware of what you're telling yourself and others because there's way too much negativity in this world and it's so extremely easy to get sucked into it all.  Like I ask my 3 year old when he's complaining or being a bit down, "are you being a negative Nancy today?"

1 comment:

kristine said...

nice link to negative nancy! :) ha ha
i also like debby downer or whiney whitney :) but i don't want to BE one!!!!