Sunday, August 1, 2010

Race 7...Check!

I love team races.  Carrie, Johnna and I completed the WIN women's triathlon together.  Carrie started us off by swimming a super-duper fast 500 meters.  I mean, you can't beat having a former MU swimmer on the team right?!  So we were off to a great beginning.  Next up was Johnna.  She stayed strong through her 10 mile bike ride, keeping an amazing pace which kept us in great shape.  Lastly, it was all me to finish us out with the 5K run.  I didn't set any records as my pace has steadily been slowing over the past several months.  However, I was happy with my decent time being over 4 months pregnant.  We ended up finishing the race in 5th place in the team category (not sure what we ended up being overall).  We were very happy with our performance. 

For me it was my first triathlon experience.  My trainer friend, Mendy, who has completed several triathlons told me that I would leave the race wanting to get into tri's.  She was completely right.  All the females only inspired me to want to come back next year and do the whole darn thing.  It honestly looked like a lot of fun (a lot of work too).  I love race environments and really loved the whole energy of this race that I can't wait to be a part of it in it's entirety next year.  This just means I need to be on the lookout for an affordable road bike and a decent looking triathlon get-up.