Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Resolution Run Makes 12 of 12 Races!


Boy it feels good to have this goal checked off the list! A big huge thank you to the master-mind behind the Resolution Run, Johnna. She made the race so much fun by having 5 different challenges along the race course. Below you can see Johnna, Sharon and I doing our challenges. It wasn't as cold as it looks in the picture. I definitely over-dressed for the occasion-it got super warm under my layers and winter coat mid-way through the race!


Anyway, I'm so proud to say that Sharon completed 12 races in 12 months with me. Johnna joined our goal in February so we'll be celebrating her victory next month as she's so close to the 12 in 12 goal!

In retrospect, the year of races has been a lot of fun. It's surprisingly going to be difficult for me to give up this monthly race goal as a month won't seem complete without partaking in a race. Especially since most races are for a good cause! It's definitely time to move on though, as monthly races is a way of life now. I think that's the beauty of setting a year long goal. By the end of the year, it's a lifestyle and isn't too much work anymore. That makes room for a new goal next year. I hope at the end of 2009 I can say the same about sweets as I did for races in 2008!

No comments: