Friday, December 5, 2008

Sweet Dreams

This week has been the first few days of my "sweet eat" 2009 goal where I work at limiting my sweets to either once per week or once per month. My goal is once per month but I'm trying it out this month to see if that's realistic for me to be successful each month of 2009.

I have to say this week has been rough. I've probably gotten at least 4 servings of fruit a day. Tuesday the only thing that got me through was my Bare Naked granola and organic vanilla yogurt. I understand these first few weeks are going to be the most trying, after all I'm basically on detox from all the sweet crap I used to feed my body daily. I think it's a good thing though. The best thing about it is I'm not alone. My amazingly wonderful clients have stepped up to push through 2009 (and start practicing in December) with me. They are being very smart and realistic about it, one sweet per week. Johnna, Ginger, and Pam have definitely told me they are in. I'm still working on a few....which I think I'll have broken soon:)

So the point of this post? Last night I can actually say it's the first time I recall dreaming of sweets. I was dreaming about doughnuts. Then I remember drinking a smoothie, you know the really unhealthy ones from an ice cream parlor. It's humorous that I'd get sweets into my life somehow, even if they are only in my dreams.

No comments: