Saturday, December 27, 2008

Week 6 In Review: 100 Push Up Program

I've been horrible at finishing up the sixth and final week of the 100 push up program. Week 6 ended up being two weeks long in total. So the verdict? Can I do 100 push ups after completing the program? Is the program worth it? Does it measure up to all the hype? The answers are mixed. Here's the summary:

1. I can't do 100 push ups. I got 60. I'm pretty happy with that considering 6 or 7 weeks ago I could only do 12. Pretty pathetic for a trainer, I know, but at least I've come along. That's a 500% improvement...not bad!
2. Yes this program is totally worth doing. My upper body strength has really improved not to mention my biceps have more shape!

(well they might still be kinda scrawny but I can tell a difference---yes this is my bicep!)

I haven't given up on the 100 push ups. The program suggests to repeat weeks 3-6 if 100 push ups haven't been achieved at the end of the program. I'll probably start week 3 again next week. I won't do weekly updates but I'll be sure to post when I get to 100!

No comments: