Friday, December 12, 2008

Email to my Clients

This morning I felt compelled to email my ladies. I think it's something we can all relate to so I'm adding to the blog!

Hi Ladies,

I hope this finds you to a pleasant Friday morning. Yesterday afternoon I met with a trainer friend; we’re working on a project together but, of course, we talked shop as well. He definitely has a different training style than I---more like a Jillian instead of a Bob if you watch the Biggest Loser and know their personality types. You all know I’m more of a Bob, however, after yesterday’s chat I’m thinking about working towards a Jillian style approach. I know none of you will like this change, so this is my “warn” (or threat as Ginger calls it). Here goes!

I know we’re in the midst of the busy holiday season and things seem like their going a mile a minute. But you know, I think that’s just an excuse. Life isn’t easy, weight loss isn’t easy and definitely meeting a goal isn’t easy. I know the media likes to promote easy and fast results….a weight loss method that doesn’t take much effort. I hate to burst a bubble but that approach doesn’t exist. Unfortunately easy and fast sells and the truth doesn’t. There’s gobs of sweat and tears that will go into each and every inch and pound lost.

All that being said, how much are you investing on a daily or even hourly basis to reach your goals? Are you taking the easy way out like the rest of the nation telling yourself you’ll start in January, that the holidays are just too hard to eat right and make exercise a priority? Are you all in? Or are you just hanging out, hoping and praying that the 1-2 exercise classes per week will do the trick? How are you living your life every minute of every day?

These are all things that you, yourself will have to answer. You don’t owe me any explanation and I’m not judging any of you….I don’t roll that way. Each and every one of you DESERVE to look and feel great. I believe with all my heart that each of you has the strength to meet your goals and I so badly want that for you. Believe in yourself, you have the strength to do anything you want to do. Anytime you doubt that just think about all the exercises I make you do in our time together. They are typically very difficult exercises designed to challenge you. You all complete them….that’s strength (in more ways than one)! Get focused on the accomplishments you have made for yourself because I know each of you have gobs of them.

No comments: