Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Intensity Changes Everything

It's easy to wonder into weight gain, but impossible to wonder out of losing it. Intensity can increase or decrease weight loss rates. It's all about decisions and how you look at them, here's a perspective:

1. Do I want to add another helping to my plate or forgo the extra calories in order to lose weight quicker?

2. Do I want to drink the extra calories in the form of pop, wine, Starbucks, or sweet tea? Or would I rather drink water instead and save the calories for food.

3. Do I want to eat food for comfort and pleasure? Or nourishment which is ultimately what our bodies need in order to function at it's best capacity.

4. Am I "all in" with this weight loss and living healthy concept? Or would I rather just kinda work at it when it's most convenient and easy for me?

5. Do I really see myself at my ideal weight and doing the things I want to do or do I just think it's a neat idea if it, by chance, happens?


I know these could be a little harsh but they are questions that we should constantly ask ourselves as we push through the obstacles of losing weight and living healthy. After all, since 67% of Americans are overweight being healthy would be the minority.

No comments: