Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Eats

Many people often ask me what I suggest as far as eating goes. I have lots of favorites but here's a couple of items I currently indulge:

1. I most always start my day off with a protein shake. My favorite is an Herbalife formula 1 meal replacement shake in french vanilla. I mix it with 8 ounces of OJ for a scrumptious start to the day. However any meal replacement will do just fine. The key here is find something that you really enjoy the taste of. I look forward to my shake every morning (have for about 7 years).

2. Amy's is my new Favorite brand! I've been living off her burritos for lunch. I add some fat free sour cream (25 calories) and salsa (10 calories) to make it extra zesty! She also carries an AMAZING Organic Cream of Tomato Soup (it's also gluten free:). In Liberty, Target is the only place I've found that carries this brand. The best part of Amy's is that she's really affordable. The burritos are only $1.70 at Target while the soup is a little more (but very worth the splurge) at $3.

3. Organic Banana's and Grapes. This may sound crazy but they taste like I remember growing up! I don't think I can ever go back to regular produce after tasting the freshness that comes with organic. The extra investment is totally worth it.

4. This isn't a food, just a tip. I always make lunch my biggest meal. I find that I'm always very super-hungry at this time. It helps give me a boost throughout the afternoon and doesn't leave me starving after dinner. Also a mid-morning snack is a must. Work hard to not deprive yourself of calories throughout the day so you don't have to make up for it at night.

I know it's a short list but it's something! I've been a little "under the weather" this week so I'm just proud to get this up!!

1 comment:

J said...

Hy-Vee also carries a little bit of the Amy's line (more at the Gladstone store), but the best selection in the Northland would be at either Green Acres in Briarcliff or the Hen House on 64th. I don't know what I would do without Amy's meals, especially the Veggie Loaf!