Monday, July 28, 2008

I Disagree

Many of my clients use weight watchers as the nutritional aspect of helping them lose weight-this is not what I disagree with. Many of my gals have told me that they've heard to fluctuate caloric intake on a day-to-day basis. I guess the idea is to keep your body guessing as to how many calories it will get and because it's different each day your body has to adjust. Unfortunately I don't agree with this statement one bit. I actually think it could be just an excuse to eat what you want on certain days. It reminds me a little tiny bit of yo-yo dieting. Starve yourself one week and the next week eat everything in sight because of deprivation. Starvation typically leads to weight GAIN. This happens because starvation slows down your metabolism!

On a side note, I'm eating a Luna Carmel Nut Brownie right now for my afternoon snack. It's mostly organic with no gluten or high fructose corn syrup but more importantly, yummy!

No comments: