Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Race 8...Check!

Had a great time running with my friend, Sarah, on Saturday's Run for the Kids 10K.  It was a great fall morning to run and for a great cause...kids in our school district. 

At 24 weeks pregnant running still feels good and I am so thankful.  It's what's keeping me sane! Sometimes I feel that with pregnancy there's so much that women feel they need to give up.  Heck, I gave up many things with my pregnancy with Jax.  It got me nowhere but extremely swollen, lots of extra weight, severe back pain and mostly feeling crappy overall emotionally and mentally.  I am so glad I have a change of heart with this pregnancy and don't feel so deprived.  Maybe it's because I'm listening to my body, not pushing it and keeping a focus of just being the healthiest I can be.  Of course there's the (what seems to be more frequent) sugar spells but overall I feel I am making much healthier choices. 

With three months left in 2010 I've got 2 more races on the books and it feels good to be nearing the finish line with 10 races in 2010.

2 comments:

kristine said...

great job! glad you're feeling well!

Unknown said...

I had a blast running with you, Mandy! You are my hero!


Sarah