Monday, September 20, 2010

Motivation Monday: Water Challenge

I don't do a lot of things right.  I have my issues with sweets, portion control and the list goes on and on.  Although one task that I've always nailed is drinking water.  I'm not addicted to diet soda, tea, juice or wine.  It's probably because I consistently want to eat my calories versus drink them.   We're well versed on all the health benefits of drinking water and the many reasons to kick the soda habit but I just read a small article today on research that drinking more water can decrease the appearance of wrinkles 19-24%.  It got me thinking of a water challenge.  This week pick 3 days (we can do this, 3 days out of 7) where we only drink water.  To be really effective journal your day of only drinking water especially if this will be a challenge for you.  See if you have more energy or feel any different than normal...and hopefully it's not a caffeine headache!

1 comment:

kristine said...

yay! i already know i can have success at this! i too am not addicted THANKFULLY to soda or coffee. i was drinking green tea almost every morning for awhile but in the last couple months have cut even that caffeine. also, i LOVE drinking out of large cups that have the ounces already marked on them. it is so much easier and motivating so i KNOW what my goal is and if i'm achieving it! also adding a squeeze of lemon helps me down even more! woop woop!