Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ready, Fire, Aim

You'll hear more about this book as I make my way through finishing it but so far it's amazing.  It's by Todd Durkin (a really incredible trainer-he trains Drew Brees and LaDanian Tomilson) called The Impact! Body Plan.  It's a book that recently came out and I've been excited to tear into it because I've heard Durkin speak twice before and he's nothing but inspiring and motivating.  Here's my favorite excerpt so far from the book:

But this is very important.  Do not ask me to fix you.  I won't. I can't. Because one thing I know for certain is that action is the key to getting to the next level in your life. And you need to be the one who takes the action.  I can coach you but you need to make the commitment to get better.  He goes on to say that he lives by the mantra ready, fire, aim because so many people aim but never fire.  He gave the examples that we want to start an exercise program but never do, we want to hire a trainer to get you into shape but never do, you want to go back to school but never do, there are so many dreams we dream but never follow through.   (p. 5)

Isn't that so inspirational?!  So, act now.  Stop talking and start doing.  Ready, Fire, Aim!

1 comment:

kristine said...

mandy, i love this quote. i emailed it to a few people. it is TOTALLY true that we have goals but DON'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THEM! i am guilty of this as well and I LOVE making goals and being able to cross them off! let me repeat LOVE to cross things off! yet something still keeps me from some fitness goals. or financial goals. and those are really important to me. BUT we joined a gym yesterday with FREE kids club AND JR got p/t sessions! i look forward to making new goals, ACHIEVING them, and then telling you about it :) THANKS FOR YOUR ONGOING INSPIRATION!