Monday, October 11, 2010

Motivation Monday: Comparison Cuts

Run your own race.  The best way to feel crappy about yourself is comparing yourself to someone else.  There will always be someone fitter, smaller, skinnier, richer, faster or prettier.  I find that I feel the worst about myself when I look at what others have accomplished in comparison to what I've done. 

Instead look at what others have done as inspiration.  For instance, I look at what a running friend did during her pregnancy.  She ran up until 36 weeks pregnant.  I look at that as inspiration but know that if my body and the baby in my womb doesn't like that idea, I won't be running that long.  It's just comforting to know someone else who's done it...it can be done.

So, focus on yourself and focus on your journey. 

No comments: