Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Race 10...Check!

Boy it feels good to be done with races for the year.  Goal met. Check! 

Last weekend I did part of the Kansas City Half Marathon.  I had my headphones on for the whole run but could still hear people say, "she's pregnant" as I passed them.  Not sure if they were judging as I know some people aren't quite sure to make of my running during pregnancy.  Whatever the case, the run felt GREAT.  It was a beautiful morning and Johnna left me nothing but flatness (elevation that is).  She loves hills so she got them! 

So here I am with my husband, Aaron.  He completed his first half marathon.  I am so proud of him and I think it's proof that men do follow in women's footsteps.  It just took him 4 years to do it!  He finished in the time he wanted but told me afterwards that he might stick with 10K's.  Hey, I get that.  Marathons and Half Marathons take a lot of time and energy to train for.


Here I am with Johnna, my race partner.  We split the half marathon distance so I was "Johnna" for 6.5 miles.  We met on the plaza and ran about a mile together before we made the switch.  Gosh we are such rebels!  I really doing races in a team.  It makes the experience much more fun.  So, I'd secretly highly encourage rouge race running in a team.  But you didn't hear that from me!

2 comments:

kristine said...

congrats on all ten races! and congrats to aaron! yay! what great models you are for your little guys!!

Sara said...

Good for you running while pregnant. You did it before, you can do it during.....those people are just jealous you are in such good shape AND pregnant:)

Sara Mattson