Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mid-Way Goal Review

Halfway through the year means an assessment on the goal list.  How have I done? 

So far I'm on track to complete 10 races baring no future complications with this pregnancy I'll complete 4 more races by the end of the year.  I'm still truckin' along running 12 miles per week and feeling good with that.  Hopefully it'll last.  Of course my minute per mile pace is really starting to lengthen I'm okay with it because my goal is just one of total mileage.

Sweets.  Hmmm.  So this is just going.  I'll be honest, rarely am I making my once per week goal.  I've got to look at this as an improvement despite not technically meeting my goal.  I'm probably eating two or three sweets at most in a week but it's a major improvement from two years ago.  I'm in this journey for the long haul so if I'm slipping up a bit I'm not going to worry.  I'm still going to try for one each week and I know it's better than one per day like I used to practice.

Sadly, I didn't hit my goal of 10 books in 6 months. Isn't that ridiculous!? Although I didn't miss it by much...one book. I'm okay with that and hope to make it up the rest of the year.  For some reason in the past month I've had no desire to pick up a book.  I'd rather just lay around and be lazy.  It's so silly I know but luckily I'm a goal-oriented person and knew that books needed to be on my goal list otherwise I wouldn't be reading.  The goal has gotten me to read regularly.  It's just going to be a process for me.

I'd rather not look at the goals as pass/fail but rather a guideline for where I've been and need to go.  Goals motivate me so I'm hoping for a strong finish in 2010.

No comments: