Saturday, July 17, 2010

Book 8: Master Your Metabolism

I really liked this book and for many reasons.  The first reason is she shared her story of weight up and downs and how she ate crap but counted her calories and got nowhere.  She explains how our metabolism works and how to get it running efficiently.  I've always preached that's the secret to long term success; getting your metabolism working FOR you.  It's a great book if you have thyroid issues because she does too!  I also like her list of power foods.  For those of you who enjoy lists, this will be a good one for you.  Although I like to limit my meat and dairy, I take from the list what I'll can.  


 

1.Legumes (peas and beans)


2.Alliums (onions, leeks, shallots)

3.Berries

4.Meat and eggs (this group also includes fatty fish like salmon)

5.Colorful fruits and vegetables

6.Cruciferous vegetables (such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower)

7.Dark green, leafy veggies

8.Nuts and seeds

9.Organic, low-fat dairy

10.Whole grains

No comments: