Saturday, July 17, 2010

Book 9: The Shack

Before reading this book, I'd heard many opinions.  Some liked the book and others didn't at all. I'll admit I listened to this one on CD in my car over the course of a month.  I couldn't bring myself to actually read the book for some odd reason but I could mostly listen to it when commuting. 

About the book, it's theological fiction.  There are so many layers to the book but the main plot is about a man named Mac and the journey he took towards spiritual freedom from a huge event in his life that left tons of baggage.  It's about a man who comes to grips with losing a child-one of the hardest things any parent would ever go through.

I really like getting perspective and I feel that I really got that from this book.  If anything else I'd take away a different outlook on Christianity and the stereotypes humans put with it.  It seemed like a long read but throughout the book I took away some good thoughts.  

No comments: