Wednesday, May 28, 2008

BMR

Basal Metabolic Rate = the amount of energy (calories) needed to maintain the body's typical metabolic funtions at a resting state.

I like this link that figures BMR as well as how many calories you need in order to maintain your current weight and/or lose weight.

I'm currently using http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/ to track my calories and percentage of fat, carbs and protein. It also tracks my servings of each food group based on my weight that I need per day.

I've used. www.calorie-count.com in the past to track my food intake. There are many websites that are free and offer an on-line food journal of sorts. These are great ideas if you are looking for an inexpensive way to track your food intake. Weight watchers isn't horrible but lately I've noticed a handful of my clients not losing weight from that particular program. A couple of ladies aren't eating enough over their BMR to keep their mitochondria (the fat-burning cell) fired up to burn fat efficiently.

No comments: