Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Walk and Run Club for Women in Liberty!

Wow, I have a lot to say today! This is very exciting news. My trainer friend, Mendy and I are merging our two walking and/or running groups together into one! Therefore, walkers we need to make a good showing this weekend so let the runners know we are dedicated. Here's the info:

When: Every Saturday
Time: 5:30am
Location: Liberty Community Center
Mile Options: 3-11 miles

I know many of you ladies aren't going to like me too much considering most of you don't like to get up this early on a Saturday. HOWEVER, there are many many reasons Mendy and I have the club meeting this early.

1. If you are planning on doing a half marathon your body needs to get used to walking/running at this time. They all start early.
2. The weather is going to get hotter and hotter as the summer months progress so the earlier, the better!
3. This way we all can make it. Too often our Saturdays fill up with sports schedules, weddings, showers, you name it! This way we all can get our long or short mileage in and be done with it.

A little Testimony from Mandy:
It took Mendy close to two months to get me to actually make it to an early morning meeting. I HATE getting up early and if possible avoid it at all cost. However, once I made it to the first meeting I couldn't wait to go back the next week. It was SO MUCH FUN running or walking with a group of women. It's so much better than walking or running on my own. I am very confident you too will have the same experience. Everyone is so nice and encouraging. Please come!

Check out the northland women's website to print your map for this Saturday, May 24th.

1 comment:

Mendy said...

Hay, thanks for putting this on your blog. Let your ladies know that they will meet at 6:15 at the LCC. Thanks means 30 more minutes of sleep. You only come at 5:30 if you want to do the longer amount.