Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thoughts on 2012

When people ask me what I do for a living, what I really want to say is that I'm a brainwasher. I like planting new ideas into heads. It's fun to tell someone that they can do what might have seemed impossible before the idea was imbedded in their brain via a view from the outside. Sometimes the words we feed ourselves internally are not productive. I believe this happens to all of us because we're human. But how powerful is it when someone else sees in you what you don't see in yourself? That hidden potential that is visible to others around you but what you may be blinded to day after day. Isn't it crazy what someone else's confidence can do for personal growth?


I believe you are reading this for a reason.  The reason being more than one.  But I want to ask you some questions in order to bring light to areas that you may be overlooking. Where are you now in life? Where were you a year ago from now? What are you doing in your life that's working? What's not working? Do you have people in your life that are breathing and speaking positive, motivating, insightful and powerful words to you? What do you want to do with your life? How will others remember you? What will they say about who you are and how you lived your life?
The questions could go on and on but the gist is you have this opportunity every 12 months. Every 12 months we get a new year; a renewal to your life in a way. Will this be like every other year or will you do something extraordinary?!

We're nearing the end of 2011 which means 2012 is right around the corner. It's that time of the year where I begin to reflect on how this year went and what I can do to tweak next year. I also begin thinking of a project. In the past I've worked on 52 sweets in a year (1 sweet a week), read a book a month, read 20 books in a year or tracked weekly workouts for 52 weeks. I'm thinking in 2012 it would be fun to track 12 new adventures; things I've never done before. I'm a curious person and there's a lot I've always wanted to try. I just haven't made it a priority....but 2012 is the year! On the list for 2012 is white water rafting in Oregon, hot yoga, an aerial silks class, snow skiing with my almost 5 year old son, trying a crossfit class, and maybe embarking on an adventure race with my husband. That's all I've got so far. And who knows, the list will most likely get tweaked and will definitely grow. But the bottom line is there's emphasis in living life in an adventurous and curious way!

No comments: