Friday, January 9, 2009

Maxed Out

My dear neighbor, Julie, let me borrow her movie "Maxed Out" today. As most of you know I'm a huge Dave Ramsey fan which means I dislike debt (so I can't help but blog about this). I find it interesting that over losing weight, the number one goal for Americans in 2009 is to pay off debt.

One of the many reasons I dislike debt is because it causes so much extra stress and anxiety in a person's life. Stress and anxiety that could be avoided by living within our means. However, I understand the pressure there is on many people to live a certain way, have certain things or even drive a certain car.

But is it really worth it? The debt will always have a grip on some part of our life. Why would we want to live that way? Is the stuff really worth it? I guess since most Americans are living in debt, it must be? Hmmmmm??

So this movie, Maxed out is one I would highly recommend. Watch the movie the whole way through, all the way through the credits. There are many layers of useful information brought about through a unique lens.

Check out the trailer here!

Lastly, if your goal is to work towards becoming financially free in 2009 get your hands on the book, The Total Money Makeover. Or better yet, see Dave live in KC on May 2nd! It could change your life as well as your family tree!

No comments: