Sunday, November 16, 2008

Week 1 In Review:100 push up workout

I thought I'd write my thoughts each week with the 100 push up workout. Hopefully some of you out there are joining in with me... besides all my clients and students that haven't a choice! That's right every client and student of mine gets to go through this process with me. Hey we've even impressed some of the regular gym guys with our goal of 100 push ups in 6 weeks.

I have to be honest, push ups stink! On Tuesday I did the day 1 workout with my am group training for women class. Halfway through our 5 sets of push ups I verbalized to the whole group how much I dislike push ups. Somehow we managed to make it through both Tuesday and Thursday's push ups together. Hopefully this weekend everyone did the workout on their own.

As weak as my upper body is I improved from 12 measly toe push ups on Tuesday to 18 toe push ups on Saturday. Gradually getting there and I have to admit its nice to see an improvement already!

Sunday and Monday will be a great break from push ups but Tuesday we'll be back at it!

Note: if you aren't a client of mine working out with me doing these push ups on your own make sure you are doing a couple of things.

1. Make sure when you are performing your push ups to keep your belly button pulled into your spine and try not to let your hips sway down towards the floor. Keep your body parallel to the ground at all times.

2. Try to work your antagonist muscles by performing back rows.

No comments: