Sunday, November 30, 2008

2009 Goal Ideas and Challenge


(Winners must have two things: definite goals and a burning desire to achieve them.)


The ChallengeI'd really like for as many you as possible to think/pray/meditate over the month of December for one single area in your life to improve. Remember whatever you decide to work on, give yourself a reward, surround yourself with positive people (I can help here), write it down and visualize your success. Remember to only pick ONE goal!!

Ideas
1. Complete one race per month.
2. Limit pop, sweets, fast food, alcohol to once per week, twice per month or once per month.
3. Complete a marathon a month. That is, complete 26.2 miles of cardio in one month.
4. Commit to taking a class (and going to it) for a whole year.
5. Hire a trainer, stick with them, and do exactly what they say for a year.
6. Exercise for a day a month. That is, comeplete 24 hours of exercise in a month. That's an average of 6 hours per week of exercise. Not much considering there's 168 hours in a week.

That's all I've got for now. I know I have some pretty creative and talented readers so if you have any other ideas please email them to me or comment to this post.

If you decide to take the challenge and work towards a goal for the year please let me know so we can be a support system to each other. It's so much more fun to do something together. This way if you don't feel like you have a lot of positive support around you, we can be there for each other. Lastly, If you decide to reward yourself by setting funds aside for a spa day, I'd love some company! How fun would that be, a group spa day at the end of 2009!

Also, thank you Johnna and Jodi for stepping up to the plate with me. It feels good to have others working towards a similar goal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandy....I love the idea of a group spa day! One of my most favorite ways to spend an afternoon...what a great reward for a lot of hard work! I'm in! Jodi