Friday, November 7, 2008

Up for a Challenge?


I think this is the perfect time to offer up a challenge. Over the next 6 weeks I want to ask you to participate in the
100 push up challenge with me. Trust me, I really (to put it lightly) dislike push ups just as much as the next female. As women, our upper body is weaker than most men. That's okay though, male or female go this route with me for a bit.

All you need is about 30 minutes a week and no equipment is required! That's what's so beautiful about this challenge, you can do it anywhere-no excuses.

Check out the website for all the details.
The 100 Push Up Challenge.

Make sure to get a doctor's clearance before you begin this program if you aren't currently participating in an exercise program.

So the first step is to complete as many push ups as you can, either on your knees or on your toes. Time is no issue just do as many as you can. IMPORTANT: Do them correctly, don't do more than you can otherwise your training program will be too difficult. This means you need to CORRECTLY do as many push ups as possible. Bend your elbows and make your nose ALMOST touch the floor. Good form is VERY important.

You'll need to pick 3 days a week that you can do your push ups. I will be doing my push ups on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. My suggestion is to avoid picking consecutive days. Maybe Monday, Wednesday, Friday is best for you.

Lastly, look over the website for the 100 push ups challenge and familiarize yourself with the program. I just paraphrased much of the information but you need to thouroughly understand it before you begin-do some homework!

Comment on this blog to let me know if you are going to join me!

4 comments:

Renee said...

I'm up for a challenge! Thanks Mandy for giving me some motivation...I needed some :)

J said...

I'll do it! I needed motivation to do something with this cold weather impeding my usual activities. Thanks for the nudge!

Amy (Meyer) Lewis said...

My sister and I are going to do it. I think week 1 will be next week. I HATE pushups - but am looking forward to hating them less :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm starting behind you all, but am up for the challenge. I don't mind push-ups but I don't want to see a 100 chin-up challenge. I hate that more than anything. Thanks Mandy!

Julie the neighbor