Monday, November 24, 2008

New Year Resolution Possibilities

Now I'm not sure but is a New Year's Resolution something you always keep or does it just last for 1 year? My guess is that it's something you resolve to change from there on out. Well last year my goal was to do a race every month in 2008. I'm very close to meeting that goal which feels great. However, I'm all raced out. As many close workout buddies, clients and friends understand about me, I have what I've self-diagnosed as exercise ADD. Time for me to move onto a new adventure, because afterall, it has to be exciting and fun otherwise it's just not worth doing.

Exercise has never been a problem for me. I decided a long time ago I'd do whatever exercise I needed to do in order to eat what I want and maintain a certain weight range. Last weekend I reflected on my eating habits, or rather, what I wanted to change about it for 2009 and beyond. Here's some of the possibilites and I'll warn you, they are bold.

1. Give up Swiss Cake Rolls FOREVER. I think I'm ready for this. I've gone 4 months before without a single sinful bite of those addicting deserts. So far it's been about a month and I'm holding firm.

2. Only eat 12 or 56 sweets in 2009. I can't decide about this one. My intitial thought was only one sweet a month as this is my biggest hurdle when it comes to eating (well and carbs too, but one this at a time). However, I also thought if that was too radical maybe just one sweet per week. So, I can't decide, monthly or weekly?

So that's it! I think it's best not to get too crazy with resolutions and goals so I'm going to KISS (keep it simple stupid). I'm sure you all knew what that meant, I just have to state the obvious most all of the time-wow I am a nerd! Anyway, I'm going to do a test run for my 2009 goals to try and figure out what will be most realistic for me to stick with throughout the year. In December I am going to try and only eat 1 sweet. I figure if I can make it through December with all the holidays and parties, I can make it through 2009. If I fail, and you all will know if I do, then I will know it's more realistic for me to meet my goal and eat one sweet per week. Let the games begin...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last time I checked there is 52 weeks in a year...right??? And why would you do such a crazy thing??? You are too cute!

Mandy said...

Funny you should mention that. I realized my error yesterday morning, it just leaves room for extra sweets! I'd do a crazy thing because being normal isn't cool anymore. Since fat is normal in America, I'll choose to be weird!!!

Anonymous said...

That was me that left that comment BTW! I alsways check your blog and one of these days, you will see fitness Sarah come out! Can't wait to see you soon, we'll have your rolls waiting for you before the new year!