Sunday, September 7, 2008

Inspire

As much as I try to motivate and encourage my clients, most of the time they are the ones that inspire me! Here's an email I got from one of my clients the other day. I couldn't resist sharing, and with her permission I am!

I have realized a big difference in my mind frame lately. Over the years, I have lost a significant amount of weight about 3 times, after different babies. When I was going through that, I would always think "just 3 more months of this lifestyle, then I'll be done, and I can eat what I want and maybe only exercise once or twice a week", which is mainly why I haven't ever kept it off for long, even though I got pregnant more times. The difference now is that I am seeing this getting healthy not just for weight loss, and not just short term, but so I can accomplish even more things, like a 5K or 10K or a bike race or bike trip or whatever other things I may want to do. I'm excited for the possibilities, and I am realizing how important this is for me to think this way, instead of how I previously had viewed weight loss.

I can't believe how different this is now, and I really think so much of it is your class. I am not only losing weight, but I am gaining so much strength and toning my body in a way that I never have before (for example, the push ups. Even when I weighed about 30 pounds less than right now, I could not do a "boy push-up"). So I feel like I have new possibilities that I didn't believe I had before (isn't that the "b" of your ABC's?).

No comments: