Tuesday, August 12, 2008

what FEAR really means


FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL

I may be brilliant but I can't take credit for coming up with this acronym. I stole it from a friend who stole it from a psychologist. I like it though, because it's so incredibly true. How many times do our brains trick us into thinking something is reality when it's absolutely not? Here's some instances I've brainstormed:

1. Eating Healthy. The 1000 calorie salad from Applebee's that appears very healthy.
2. Exercising. Walking 30 minutes=burning a mere 100 calories and justifies eating an extra serving of dinner which=an additional 300 calories; a 200 calorie gain.
3. Our brains saying, "I'm not strong enough to continue persevering through the hard times to reach my goal."-WRONG
4. Our brains saying, "It's too difficult to lead a healthy life. Working out and eating well is just not for me."-WRONG!
5. Diet soda. It really isn't that bad. I can still lose weight and hold onto bad habits. After all, I need those bad habits because they are what I know.-WRONG!

Lastly.....


You must do the things you think you cannot do.
(I love this!)
-Eleanor Roosevelt


Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live.
-Dorothy Thompson

No comments: