Monday, August 18, 2008

Today's Random Thoughts

I think I've mentioned before I get most of my random thoughts when exercising or more specifically running. I really enjoy this time because it gives me a chance to clear my head and sort out thoughts and ideas. Here's the latest of my thoughts during this afternoon's run:

1. Boy it feels great to run-I truly love exercise and the feeling it gives me when I'm all done.

2. Work for it-get crazy passionate about your goals. I so want to get this point across (as if I haven't already), that if you want something (like weight loss) you have to really immerse yourself in it. It's something you've got to dive into, strive through and finish strong. It's not easy but what good challenge is? If it's not hard the success of finishing isn't nearly as sweet.

3. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Why do we sometimes get into crazy cycles like these? We want to lose weight but hang onto the things that keep us from ultimately losing, why? Are we afraid of what might happen if we change course? As change is a huge stressor for many.

4. Insanity then leads me to my biggest frustration-the almighty, ever insistence excuse. We all have them. AHHHH! I even have them and I get so mad at myself when I have them. I can't do this because of this. I hate that! If I really want to do something I'll make it happen. Make it happen-just make it happen....no excuses. That should be my new mantra...has a good ring to it!

5. I feel good about this one. As these points are in no particular order, I've felt a need to share my weekly exercise routine as I've really been enjoying myself with this balanced yet realistic-to-my-world routine. Yikes, self disclosure! So...here goes!

a. Get it done: Monday and/or Tuesday
1. Short run but high intensity
2. Strength Training
3. Yoga Class
b. Get it done: Wednesday and/or Thursday
1. Strength Training
c. Get it done: Saturday
1. Long run medium intensity
d. Get it done: Sunday
1. Short run

So in all my plan is for:
*2 strength training sessions
*2 short runs = 3-4 miles a piece
*1 long run = 10+ miles
*1 yoga class

No comments: