Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Some Insight from Ginger

Have I mentioned before how much I love my clients?! Okay, I know I have but they really are the best. Ginger is one of my clients-she always has a great attitude and good ideas. Here's a REALLY cool idea that I'm stealing from her to share with you all.

Hiking Vacations

It looks like there are places all over Europe that you hike along with some areas in Canada and New York. How fun!

Also, Ginger is a very smart gal--I am not sure exactly what she does but her title is "process architect" and it has something to do with computers. Other than that its beyond my comprehension of what she does! Anyway, she wrote this great blog entry. She titled it "The Personal Trainer has much Knowledge." As much as I wish that were true, I learned quite a bit from what she wrote that I think we could benefit from. There are 3 areas that she talks about, 1. Keep your goals in mind 2. Be Tough but kind 3. Safety First. As you read the article, use the information as it relates to you....keeping your goals in the forefront of you mind at all times. Be tough, i.e.-work hard but also be kind to yourself. Stay focused on how hard you worked rather than the small insignificants you might have messed up on. Lastly be safe-this is so important because too many times have I seen bad form or lifting too much weight that resulted in injury which in turn, results in inactivity. Click below to check it out.

Ginger's Blog Entry

Lastly Ginger sent me the link to the P.F. Chang's Rock 'n Roll Marathon for next January. It looks like SO much fun...maybe this could be the start of next year?

P.F. Chang's Rock 'n Roll Marathon

No comments: