Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wonder Wendesday: GOALS! Think it Through

The new year will be here before we know it.  Do you have goals for the new year?  I am no expert, I only learn from past mistakes and triumphs.  I've been setting goals since 2008.  In that time I've realized there are 3 key concepts that have helped along the way.  My wish is that these tips will help you in 2012.  May it be a different year, one that follow-through and adherance play a lead role.

1. Think about the goals for a good month or two.  Do not decide on a whim what the next 365 days will look like.  Think it all through, process and chew up all the ideas that float around in your head. Maybe even take December as a "practice month."  That way you are ready to go in January.  You may have some tweaks by then from the end of the year trial session.

2. Visualize success.  Can you see yourself WITHOUT A DOUBT succeed?  Are you willing to do whatever it takes to sacrifice, prioritize and plan your success.  Do you have enough, time, energy and willpower to follow through? 

3. What motivates you?  For me it's numbers, blogging about what I'm going to do and my OCD in finishing what I've started.  The trick is to capitalize on those motivators.  Set yourself up for success by identifiying and locking down motivators.  This will be key as you begin to change behavior.

Hope this helps!  Like I said, I am not an expert.  I'm only sharing what I realize has helped me along the way.

No comments: