Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Traded In...

Ever since I've had to trade in my running shoes for walking I've really been okay with it...really.  Sure at first I was in denial that I couldn't run anymore because in my mind and heart (cardiovascular conditioning) I could do it.  Although my pelvis told me something different so walking 12 miles per week it was.  Sure, it takes much longer but I've been okay with it until the other night when I was at the gym.  It was packed.  You would have thought it was a Monday evening in January and not December.  All the machines were being utilized with a waiting list.  So there I was, power walking my way to complete my 3 miles for the day when everyone, and I mean everyone around me was running on their treadmill.  All I wanted to do was crank that baby up and really get my heart rate going and oh yeah, get some sort of a sweat instead of just feeling a little "warm."  So walking just doesn't hack it for me but I know it'll have to, at least for the next month or so and I can sure handle it.  It was just so apparent to me Monday night how much I cherish the ability to be able to get my heart pumping, sweat and feel so alive in my running shoes.  Funny how we never fully appreciate something until we can do it anymore. 

So if you can, will you run a mile for me?    

1 comment:

Kim said...

I ran this morning in the cold and it was good to get out and just do it, despite the cold. In the winter I stay in more and change my workouts from running to indoor 'stuff'. Every once in awhile, I forget about all the stuff that's keeping me from going out, and I just go out and run anyway. It is a great feeling! I'll run one for you!