Monday, December 27, 2010

Motivation Monday: Victories

I had this thought last week when I was checking out at Hobby Lobby and desperately wanted a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.  Then I had the same thought on the way to my OB appointment when I wanted to stop by Cupcake Ala Mode (I have this fight with myself every time I go to visit my OB which is now weekly).  I didn't do either (trust me there was other major damage done) but I thought to myself how I should make a goal to have 5 or 10 small victories per week.  Maybe it's passing up the chocolate cake at Target or maybe it's getting to the gym when my original intentions were to go and then I thought I wouldn't go but ultimately had a small victory and went.  It's an idea for 2011.  It could be a weekly count or a monthly goal of keeping track of victories no matter the number.  I think it can also give a sense of strength on days when we feel weak.  Looking at victories can be a motivator to keep attaining more victories.

If we can begin to think about how the small things will add up they will do just that.  Many small things can make up something very big.  Never underestimate the power of the small things. 

1 comment:

kristine said...

i love this. i think it's a great idea!