Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Book 19: The Marriage You've Always Wanted

A great book for anyone married.  I got this book back in April when we attended Gary Chapman's marriage conference.  He challenged every couple to read the book together chapter by chapter and then discuss the questions together at the end of each chapter.  I'd love to tell you Aaron and I did this but we didn't--yet.  I completed the book and Aaron has agreed to read it and so the goal is to complete the assignment originally given by Chapman by April of 2011.  Not bad, one year to complete this simple task?!

One reason I like the book is it goes over so many areas of marriage with the overall goal to increase communication.  We've all seen the couple that have this overwhelming sense of "oneness."  The couples that talk through everything.  Then you see the couples that are on completely different pages.  They are the couples that let things slide under the rug.  My hope and prayer is that Aaron and I would continually grow into a couple that has the overwhelming sense of "oneness."  I think this book is a great start to that.

1 comment:

kristine said...

i totally agree with you. i want to get this book!