Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sweets-B-Gone: Day 10

10 days clean. Check.

Is it easier for me because I'm a trainer? No.

Times I wanted to quit my silly 14 day detox. Around 10.

Evil Sweets that tempted me:
-Donuts (go figure) while passing through a town I normally indulge in at the small bakery where the donuts are divine.
-Tonight when hubby had m&m's on the counter. Decided to put them in a cabinet where I could not see them anymore.
-Last week on a date with hubby. We like sweets together.
-Afternoons seem to be a trigger. I seem to be hungry and my body wants a carb no matter the form.
-The first two days of the detox were (and always are the worst). It didn't really matter what kind of sweet, it just wanted something because it was used to being spoiled in that sort of way.

4 more days left. I can do it and so can each set of eyes that are reading these words.

Sweets are a drug. They are and have been my drug of choice. Viewing them that way helps me see what's actually happening. There's absolutely no nutritional value to that type of crap. Break the cycle. Break the cycle.

3 comments:

Kim said...

You're still doing a GREAT thing! If nothing else it shows how hard it is to avoid sweets in this world today. There is some tempatation everyday, even if just a little bit, then it starts adding up. You've still brought an awareness to my life about my sweet intake and my goal is 2x per week! Thanks for being the brave one and making us think!

Crystal Archer said...

Hi Mandy, this is Crystal (Wiederholt) Archer from high school. I just read your Sweets-B-Gone blog and feel inpired to do the same! Baked goods are my drug of choice!! After having my first child, I hired a personal trainer and was instantly back in shape. After the second, there was no time to excersize! I recently quit my job to stay at home with the kids, and I am hoping to have time to get back into an excersize routine! I'm hoping that following your blog will help to keep me motivated. So, today is my day 1 of Sweets-B-Gone!!! Wish me luck!

Crystal Archer

Mandy said...

Crystal, you can absolutely do it! The sweets are definitely not worth it! Good luck.