Saturday, October 17, 2009

Stop Trying. Start Doing.

I kept hearing this last week in different forms and from different places.

"Trying is like knowing you're going to fail."

I thought this was interesting and from what I've seen in my short life, it's so incredibly true.

When we try, sometimes it's just that and when any little obstacle gets in our way we cease trying. Look at the statements and notice how powerfully different they are:

-I'm going to try to start exercising.
(it's almost like we're just saying the words knowing it's not going to happen)

-I'm going to make a plan and no matter what I'm going to stick with it and start exercising regularly. (this statement is full of promise because it's got strategy and intent)

Take an afternoon for yourself. Have a vision meeting about you.
1. Go to a quiet place where it's just you and your planner. Somewhere peaceful that's going to be filled with little distraction.
2. Where are you now and where do you want to go? Make a list of things you want to see happen within the next year.
3. Now figure out how you can get there. Put time into the things that are importatnt. I think you are important and taking an afternoon to organize your thoughts and feelings is a huge giant step in the right direction.

No comments: