Monday, October 5, 2009

Fact!

Here's the fact...
"People who worked out more than 100 days throughout the year had a 30 percent reduction in sick days." Training, Feb 2008

Here's my addition....
I've gone over a year (knock on wood) without being sick at all. Haven't even had a tiny cold. My thought, who needs a flu vaccine if they have a healthy immune system already? Go out and by some chewable vitamin C. That's been my trick for over a year. 500mg a day faithfully and 1000mg per day if I feel like something's coming on. It's not any technical advice, just something that's worked for me. I think it's pretty awesome considering my husband is in and out of doctor's every single day and I'm in germ infested gyms most days of the week. Even when my hubby got sick last year, I didn't I just upped my vitamin C dosage when he was feeling bad.

Happy winter months ahead!!

PS-I'm sure I've just doomed myself by bragging about how I haven't been sick in the past year. Goodness I hope not but isn't that how it typically works out?!

2 comments:

Renee said...

I think this is very true. I've also found that when I do come down with something, the duration is much, much less than people who don't exercise (aka my hubby).

Of course now I'm probably doomed too. If we're both sick next week it's your fault:-) j/k!

kristine said...

i know - we are probably all jinxing ourselves talking about not getting sick! i haven't been sick since i started taking juice plus+ about 5 years ago. i was working in a large office when i started taking it and the illnesses seemed to skip my cubicle and everyone was out sick!

you gave me another idea with this blog entry. you/one/someone could make a goal for a year, saaaaay 2010, to work out 100x per year! then it wouldn't have to be a certain number of times each week and you get hung up on that or you feel your week is shot if you miss, etc. you could make a chart with 100 squares and X them off each time you worked out! i think it sounds exciting!

thanks for all your great posts!

p.s. my sister and i started a food diary blog :)