Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Emily Did It....So Can YOU!

I want to share a story with you...a client who's winning. I hope you find Emily's story empowering and motivating. She's struggled and it hasn't been easy but she's kept on the path and is seeing results. And I LOVE it!!

Earlier this year I was blessed with my second child ... and 48 extra pounds. While I was pregnant, I did not watch what I ate and that showed after my son was born. The first 25 pounds came off quickly, but the rest was left for me to work with. It was devasting to not fit into my clothes. So after two months (of just hoping the rest of the weight would fall off), I had to make a change. That is when I called Mandy.
Mandy was so encouraging. The first thing she helped me do was come up with a certain amount of calories to eat each day. This is something I have never really done before. Counting calories... ok - I can measure my food and watch the calories. The next piece of advice was life-changing. Mandy told me to write down EVERYTHING I ate and to email it to her.
Keeping a food journal seems like a tedious job, but it is worth it. I keep my journal in my kitchen and write down what I ate after each of my five meals. At night, I then email this to Mandy. I think what has kept me successful in this is the accountability piece. Mandy is expecting me to email her so I make sure I do my part.
Journaling has made a huge difference for me. Now I am only FIVE pounds away from my pre-baby weight of my second child. I am so excited that I very soon will reach my long term goal and be able to set a new one.
My advice to you - JOURNAL everyday - even if it is a bad day! You will see results and feel empowered that you are in control of your eating and health.

No comments: