Thursday, July 9, 2009

What isn't working?

A question I ask myself often, "what isn't working?" Is there something in life that's draining me, making my days long and my nights dread the following day? Life is WAY too short to be grumpy, miserable and without joy. A lot of this can be attitude and outlook on life (which is a completely different post altogether). So what makes you tick? What's something that makes you feel completely alive? Go ahead, think right now (I am as I'm typing this....water skiing, white water rafting, riding a bike, jumping on a trampoline). Make a formal list of things that keep you feeling your best, then go out and do them, for goodness sakes!

Seriously, be intentional. I always try to do something I wouldn't normally do. It's a pattern I have of trying new things. Why don't you try that this week...do something that makes you come alive again. It's the best way to get out of a slump.

No comments: