Monday, January 30, 2012

Conclusions about Food Today

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and this it what I've come up with: I believe that in order to maintain a healthy weight and/or obtain weight loss it's all about keeping the HUNGER* at bay.  Think about it, if we can keep ourselves satisfied throughout the day by eating every couple of hours and keeping our body fueled then we can keep ourselves in check by not going crazy nuts because we're so ravenously hungry. I know for myself personally I will make good food choices if I'm not starving.  So the idea is to never let yourself get to the point of hunger*. If that happens we've lost control.  Maintain control. If every night you lose control because you are so hungry since you haven't eaten enough throughout the day, stop the crazy cycle and eat and drink more (water) throughout the day. Chances are you are starving yourself and possibly even dehydrating yourself to the point of crashing at night.  So all the deprivation and do-good that you thought you did during the day is undone by the night eating.


*Means that we allow ourselves to get past the point of hungry to starvation.  We will do anything for food and once the food is in our presence it is devoured.  Typically this said food is of high carb and sugar levels.

No comments: