Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wonder Wednesday: Ups and Downs

The first few days of 2012 haven't quite panned out how I'd like.  Yesterday I found myself in the ER with a severe allergic reaction (we think) to who knows what.  I was pumped five different drugs in order to get it under control.  Not a fun way to begin the year.  Since one of the drugs was a steriod I had a raging hunger when I got home.  So now I find myself 5 pounds heavier and a bit swollen and achey.  I'm feeling much better but it make me realize one thing: in order to keep living  healthy; I have to expect that their will be days like yesterday.  The yesterday's will happen it's just a matter of not letting them get to me or even surprise me because it's inevitable that they will happen.  So I pick myself back up and keep truckin' along.....which is what I'd ask of everyone who reads this.  Come back to it if you have to remember that no one has it 100% easy all the time.  We're all in this together, we just have to continue to encourage one another.

1 comment:

kristine said...

whoa! glad you're okay. thanks for the encouragement on picking yourself back up and continuing to move forward!