Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Secret! How To Succeed with Weight Loss in the New Year

Well....hello there!!! Yes, it's been awhile since I've blogged last.  Oh how I've missed you blog!!!

Now let's dig into the nitty gritty! The picture to the left might seem like a weird picture to post with this entry.  However, when looking for an image for this post it seemed most fitting.  I'll explain in a minute.

The secret to losing weight, living healthy and being fit boils down to.....drum-roll please.....little successes along the way!! Motivation is key but motivation can quickly leave. The trick is to stay motivated and how we stay motivated is by seeing progress.  The progress can come in many forms:


1) Feeling Better Overall!
2) More Energy
3) Better Sleep Quality
4) Looser Clothes
5) More Confidence
6) Improved Mood
7) Better Self Talk
8) Lower Number on the Scale
9) Better Food Choices
10) Others Noticing a Difference in Us
11) Feeling Stronger
12) Getting More Flexible
13) Our Body Moving Better
14) Increased Stamina
15) Being Able to Do Something that used to be Impossible

Did you notice something with this list?  There are FIFTEEN items listed and only ONE deals with the scale.  There are so many ways we can have success.  Granted, the one we put most stock into deals with the scale.  I hope after reading this post your eyes will be opened to all the other ways you can have success with exercise and eating in the new year. Focus on those successes and notice ALL the changes. Use that as fuel all year long!

Back to the picture.  I personally love this picture and it motivates me.  In it I see expression, flexibility and quite a bit of what I'd like to refer to as "spunky health".  To start this process of motivation find a picture that moves you.  One that you can look at and be inspired all year. This is my picture.  When I look at it I'm inspired to be a healthier version of me!! My challenge to you is to do the same!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this! Love the picture, it motivates me! I decided to do a lot more yoga this year. Any suggestions on what dvds to get? I don't think we have a yoga class in Maryville.

Mandy said...

Thank you!! I really love anything by Shiva Rea for yoga DVDs. It really stinks there is nothing because it's so great to be able to attend a class. At some point you should try to make it to kc and check out www.experiencesage.com. It's my favorite studio!!!

Unknown said...

I will have to check Shiva Rea out :) Thank you for the guidance. If you are ever in Maryville I would love to get together and chat about yoga and health. Love to pick your brain! I will have to get to KC for a class. I will FB message my phone # so we can get in touch. Thank you Mandy!