Sunday, December 6, 2009

Reason for the Season

I need your help!

It's getting cold outside and so I though maybe you wanted an extra reason to get out and walk or run some miles. :-)

Debbie, who is a wonderful woman I've been training up until the past month has been in the hospital with her husband for the past couple of weeks watching him battle H1N1. The H1N1 has turned into double pnemonia which has led to blood clots in his lungs. With all the medical bills they'll be facing along with the two of them being out of work for quite some time now and the holidays approaching I can't stop thinking about how to help. Here's what I came up with:

Next Saturday, December 12th at 8am at the Liberty Community Center we'll be walking 3 miles (or whatever you can do) for Debbie. I'd like to get a group picture of everyone who shows up to walk (even if you don't know her) and send it to her to let her know we're all thinking of her. I'd also like to collect any donation you'd be willing to give and put it together as a little way of helping out....anything from $5-$20 or more...whatever you can.

So what I need from you is help to spread the word. Bring a friend and yourself next Saturday.

Thank you so much.

Now go hug someone you love!

No comments: