Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Things Done Right

I find it very easy to get down on myself on a regular basis for things I haven't done a great job at accomplishing. I'm a perfectionist. So that means I believe I should be perfect, my husband should be perfect and if that happens I would achieve some sort of unequivocal picture of happiness that I have always thought I deserve. Wrong. Ha!

Well in the spirit of being positive about the things I have done right...even though they've all been things I've worked on for at least 6 months (mostly longer), I'm going to celebrate by acknowledging them.

1. Surviving with 1 sweet (most) weeks. That's a far cry from where I came from. Indulging in some sort of simple sugar treat daily.
2. Running 6 miles (in one setting) once per week. 18 months ago I had never attempted this long of a run.
3. Living without swiss cake rolls (since October 2008). Used to down these babies they like were nothing. A box would be gone in less than 24 hours.
4. Participating in regular strength training. I used to be a cardio junkie but never really saw any results. Duh! I wasn't changing the shape of my body, just killing myself on the elliptical and trying to undo the damage of everything I had eaten that day.
5. Food Journaling most every single day since April.

While I am still a perfectionist and believe that I need to improve many other areas of my life, I know I will get there and quite often remind myself to practice patience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. You are so down to earth and make me feel like fitness and health IS something I, the average gal, CAN accomplish. Thank you! When you food journal do you do it online or in a notebook you carry with you? I also need to look into starting the Tues/Thursday class. I will miss the first one b/c I work tomorrow but think I want to try it again.