Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lifetime Rules

The game changes when weight manangement is the goal. Now we’re doing one of two things:

1) working to not gain anymore weight-we don’t want to be where we were and start the whole process over again
2) we view each year as a chance to get a little bit better…a little bit stronger, a little bit less body fat, a little bit better range of motion

This way we’re reversing the age process and no longer giving in to time but instead making the most of the time we've been given. I always think, I’m going to be in so much better shape by the time I hit 50. I’m going to be able to do more push ups and be much more flexible by that time because I’ll have had so many good years under my belt by then. So based on those 2 options you set your “Rules.” They are rules you can easily live with…maybe they aren’t rules but just boundaries so you don’t ever go overboard for a long extended amount of time…because, hey, there will be some days or weeks where we go overboard. We know that now so it’s easier to live with when it happens.

Today, create some lifetime rules.

No comments: