Saturday, October 25, 2008

Nike Women's Marathon

What a great weekend! Nike put on a great event, here are all the details!!
Friday we picked up our race packets. Along with that there were complimentary manicures and massages. They had speakers and free picture taking booths along with coupons and other free goodies.


Along the wall of NikeTown was everyone's names that entered the race. I found mine....not sure if that makes it official?!

Friday was fun, along with riding the cable cars and doing touristy things like seeing Alcatrez and the Crooked Street, it was a good day.

Saturday nothing exciting happened except the pre-race dinner. All I will say is it was yummy, guilt-free carbs!

Sunday was the race. Here's a summary of how my race went:
Mile 1-10: Felt GREAT! I stopped to take pictures and enjoyed the scenery.
Mile 8: Met some new friends. They are from Canada, I ran the rest of the race with them.
Mile 12: Feet began to hurt slightly.
Mile 16 or 17: I hit a wall. I actually thought to myself, this isn't really that fun. I could quit now and be just fine with that. However, the thought of regret entered my mind. No, I could not quit (but I wanted to).
Mile 22: My thought, "having a baby is easier than this."

I finished and boy and I'm glad I did. Now I don't have to do that ever again! Don't get me wrong, it was fun to train for it and work towards it but I just don't think I am cut out to be a marathon runner.

Monday Aaron and I went to Napa Valley!

No comments: