Sunday, October 26, 2008

Beyond Dreams


Weight loss for many is a dream. We all want to look and feel better and dream of the day that will happen. I think dreaming is wonderful, something everyone should do. However, from a dream can be two different routes:

1. The dream can turn into a wish. "Please let me lose the weight."

2. The dream can turn into a plan. "I'm going to make my dream a reality by executing this plan I have for myself."

Take action! Start evaluating what you spend your time doing. Create a detailed plan of how to reach your goal. Trust me, if you are able to do everything in your power in order to make your weight-loss dreams a reality, things will start to fall into place and work in your favor.

I don't believe anyone that has been successful with weight loss accidentally got there. It needs to be more like a full-time job. Start spending lots of time at the gym. Begin to be very aware of each and every bite of food that enters your body. Work hard, don't make excuses and don't give up.

I know we are all busy Americans and all of us have some sort of full-time job. However, there are 168 hours in one week. How we choose to spend that time is our decision. Think about how you spend your time. Evaluate your daily schedule and make time for your new job. I think we can all find extra time for something so important. I never said this weight-loss thing would be easy so maybe it has to be a job for a little bit. A career path that you can't quit.

Start now. Begin today by creating a plan to make weight-loss your new career venture.

2 comments:

Amy (Meyer) Lewis said...

Mandy, this post reminded me of a quote I read just last night in the book Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert:

"You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be."

Might sound a little harsh, but I think it's the same concept, and the quote just really hit home for me in a lot of different areas of life.

Just thought I'd share!

Mandy said...

Thanks Amy. You are so right!