Saturday, October 4, 2008

In a Funk


I don't know if it's been the cooler weather but this week has definitely been off. Why does it have to get cold?! I think this week has been a funk and maybe you can relate and then I would know it's not just me...it's the weather! Or maybe it is just me:) Whatever the case, I realize the funk exists. I've discovered one of the worst things in life is denial. I'm over that! So with the funk in mind, here's some ways to take action if you find yourself feeling similar to me!

1. Go on a walk. My husband, son and I did so this week and boy did it work. Yes the weather is cooler but the temperature is perfect for walking.

2. Rent a movie. I also tried this out! Last night I persuaded my husband watch the romantic comedy, Made of Honor, and I lost myself for a bit. It was good, both the movie and the break from reality.

3. Go on or plan for a vacation. I'm getting to this! Only 11 more days until we leave for San Franciso!

4. Do something nice for someone else. Although I haven't done this its a great way to get the focus off self and onto someone else. The feeling will leave you both very happy.

5. Go to the Spa. This might be my escape for everything. No, I haven't gone to the spa lately but everytime I do I feel so much better. The relaxing atmosphere mixed with the pampering is a cure-all!


Now off to getting used to the cooler weather....

No comments: