Sunday, April 20, 2008

Active Weekend

As a trainer, I find myself making time for my clients exercise but sadly slack on my own. Balancing classes and clients, being a mom and wife, housekeeper to my own home and making time for fun leaves little room for my own exercise program. This weekend was great though. Saturday morning I joined my trainer friend Mendy for a 6 mile run then helped out with a 3 mile walk/run after that. Sunday my hubby and I worked on keeping our yard and landscaping up-to-par with what we called our "spring touch-ups" since the weather finally cooperated with us. Also on Sunday I was able to go on my first bike ride of the season with Yvonne as we begin our preparations for the 100 mile JDRF bike ride later this summer. It was awesome! We did 7 miles and I must add it was a great workout. This is my first attempt at biking and I can honestly say it's everything and more than I originally thought. I have 2 bad knees so I know running will only last me so long. This is a great outlet into cross-training as we prepare for the marathon in late October.

Yes I'm exhausted but it was great to finally be able to get 6 days of exercising in this week. Although the big difference I noticed was my workouts with other people. I am kind of a loner in the fact that I've mostly always exercised by myself. Saturday and Sunday were so great because there were others there along with me. I think this is key-it was so much more fun. Maybe my loner days are over!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

WAy to go Mandy! I can hardly wait until I can do that many miles in one outing. :)