Friday, January 25, 2008

February Freeze

Here's the scoop:

I haven't been able to locate a 5K in February (that I can attend) so instead of giving up on my "New Year's Goal" of a race per month I decided to get a (very informal) walk/run in place. Basically it will be a bunch of great people (that's you and your friends) together in order to get some walking or jogging or combination of the two in that makes up the distance of a 5K (or 3.1 miles). It's less than an hour of walking (or the equivelent an afternoon at the mall) if your friends give you any excuses that their "out-of-shape." You do not need to be in amazing shape to do this. Your assignment, as an friend of mine is to spread the cardio love and invite someone you care about to join with you.

I'm working on getting some "February Freeze" t-shirts made as well. That way there's proof you did a 5K!

It will be on February 23rd at 9am at the Liberty High School Track. It's a great, no-pressure, social environment that should be fun for everyone. Who knows, we may even get some out-of-the-ordinary warm February weather and have to change the race name. I hope you will consider joining me and grabbing some friends-mark your calendar and start recruiting.

More information to come soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandy!
I will be there. I have also have Pauline committed, along with a girl I work with and more on the way! I can't wait to hear more details. Michelle :)